COOKING TIME:35 min
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 16oz pasta sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Drop in potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool slightly, and peel. Season with salt, then mash potatoes with fork, masher, or in ricer.
- Place in large bowl and stir in egg and olive oil. Knead in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a long rope. Cut the rope into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drop in gnocchi, and cook until they float to the top, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with pasta sauce.