- 2 c cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 ea 8 oz can taco sauce or 8 oz green chili salsa
- 1 tbs shortening
- 1 pk taco shells
- 1 c grated cheddar
- 1/2 c Sour cream
- optional toppings:
- chopped lettuce
- onion, chopped
- tomato, chopped
- Heat shortening in fry pan.
- Add the chicken, green chili salsa or taco sauce and salt to taste. Heat to cooked through.
- Prepare shells according to package directions.
- Put two tablespoons of the chicken mixture and one tablespoon of grated cheese in each shell.
- Serve with option of lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream or guacamole and extra chili sauce as desired.